Amatriciana (USA, 2016) is a docu-claymation about the invention of Amatriciana sauce, an ancient story of taste, research and passion.
Available on Amazon Prime >>
Based on the true story of Francesco Leonardi (Rome, 1730-1816), the inventor of the tomato sauce as we know it nowadays, who also created the iconic recipe of Amatriciana, adding tomato sauce to the Gricia recipe. The protagonist Francesco turns into the key ingredient while the other ingredients become protagonists themselves.
In memory of all the victims of the earthquake that devastated Centre Italy on Aug 24th, 2016.
Francesca Nobili – Concept creator, Producer, Writer, Director, Set decorator and dresser, Property master, Animator, Camera op, Editor, Sound designer, VO director
James Craigmiles – CO-writer, Narrator
– Award of Merit – Los Angeles Cinema Festival of Hollywood (summer) 2017
Los Angeles, CA – July 5, 2017
– Official Selection – California Women’s Film Festival 2018
Los Angeles, CA – January 12, 2018
– Special Mention – One-Reeler short Film Competition 2017
Los Angeles, CA – June 2017
– Award of Recognition – Women Filmmaker – IndieFEST Film Award 2017
La Jolla, CA – July 2017
– Official Selection – North Hollywood CineFest film festival 2018
Los Angeles, CA – March 24th, 2018
– Screened during the opening of CineFesta Italia 2018 Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA – Apr 24th, 2018